Since 2016, the BFI Film Audience Network has been creating innovative, grassroots press and marketing campaigns across the UK, all with the aim of building audiences for new independent film releases. Now, the Network is looking to expand its pool of freelancer marketers, and is inviting anyone interested to a free workshop day. This is an opportunity for you to network, take part in a specialist workshop and learn about the opportunities the BFI Film Audience Network has on offer.
The BFI Film Audience Network (FAN) is a collaboration of eight Film Hubs (Film Hub Midlands is one of them) with a membership of over 1,500 cinemas, film festivals and other film exhibitors across the UK.
Working with cinemas on incredible films like A Fantastic Woman, God’s Own Country and Mustang, FAN has organised panel discussions and parties, created GIFs, zines, beermats and badges, worked with local press and online bloggers, flyered, flash-danced and Facebooked - to ensure that anyone, no matter where they live in the UK, find out about great independent films screening near them.
- Passionate about film.
- Into arts, culture and entertainment.
- Experienced in marketing and or arts/event promotion.
- Organised, pro-active, a self-starter.
- Good at networking and building relationships.
What’s on offer?
- Attend a free audience development workshop led by Film Marketing and Distribution specialist, Jo Taylor on 20 September 2018 at Watershed, Bristol.
- Your travel will be reimbursed and you will be paid £150 for your time.
- Find out more about freelance opportunities in film marketing where you live.
- Network with other UK-based freelancers and cinemas.
FAN especially welcomes applications from people from BAME backgrounds as they are under represented in the industry.
If you have any access, childcare or other needs, or if you would like to arrange a call or video chat then contact FAN via email.
The deadline for applications is 5pm, Monday 27 August.