This support is focused on developing young (aged 16-30) audiences for independent new releases. A minimum of one venue from each Film Hub every year from 2018-2022 can benefit from this support. Will you be one of the venues from Film Hub Midlands? Read on to see if this opportunity is right for your venue.
What’s on offer?
- Attend an audience development workshop led by industry experts Sarah Boiling and Jo
Taylor on 20 September 2018 at Watershed, Bristol.
- Create an audience development plan that works for your venue, targeted at expanding the
16-30 audience for independent new releases.
- Receive ongoing mentoring and support from a marketing consultant based in your Hub area.
- Receive a boost of up to £200 for special event or marketing activity for each FAN-supported
new release screened (until April 2019).
- Learn and share with other participating venues across the UK over the year
Who can apply?
Theatrical, independent exhibitors who would describe themselves as small to medium in size and are:
- Passionate about independent films and attracting more people - especially young people (aged 16-30) - to watch a wider range of cinema in their venue.
- Committed to welcoming young audiences (aged 16-30) but would like help with capacity and/or skills to reach them.
- Able to commit to screening BFI FAN supported New Release titles (4-5 per year), where possible*, from October 2018 to April 2019.
- Able to commit to a member of staff (preferably marketing) attending the Audience Development workshop at Watershed, Bristol on 20 September 2018 (bursaries will be provided to cover travel costs).
*We understand there are circumstances that may prevent a venue from screening a particular title and therefore offer flexibility on a case-by-case basis, but do request a commitment where possible to screening the FAN-supported films.
Applications are open until Monday 27 August 2018 and successful applicants will be informed by Friday 31 August 2018.
Please note, if this opportunity isn’t right for your venue, or your application isn’t successful in this first year then remember, all FAN venues can continue to access:
- BFI FAN Marketing Pack for New Release titles.
- Amplified regional press and marketing campaign.
- Support for Facebook ads, special events or other marketing ideas.
Find out more about our support for New Release titles.