The next title to receive BFI FAN New Release Support is THE PEANUT BUTTER FALCON from Signature Entertainment.
A modern Mark Twain-esque adventure starring Shia LaBeouf (American Honey, Fury) as a small-time outlaw turned unlikely coach who joins forces with Zak (Zack Gottsagen), a young man with Down’s Syndrome on the run from the nursing home with a dream of becoming a professional wrestler. Dakota Johnson (Suspiria, Fifty Shades of Grey) stars as Zak’s loving, but stubborn, carer.
THE PEANUT BUTTER FALCON, as well as being an extremely beautiful and feel-good movie, holds the distinction of being unique in that the lead actor is newcomer Zack Gottsagen, a young actor with Down’s Syndrome who is the heart and the soul of the movie.
Venues that book the film can expect:
- A regionally-based marketing person to help maximise your activities to reach the widest audience.
- Social media marketing budget plus potential of additional budget for grassroots marketing or event activity.
- Assets from Inclusive Cinema.
- Potential involvement with relevant charities, including MenCap who are partnering with the distributor, for potential guest speakers and/or fundraising screenings.
- BFI FAN Marketing Pack; designed especially for exhibitors the pack contains event and marketing ideas, copy, images, assets, press and email outreach templates to help effectively promote the film.
BBFC rating is TBC and running length is 98 minutes.
To book the film please contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org