UTØYA - JULY 22
Dir. Erik Poppe | Cert TBC | 1h 32min | Norway
Released 26 October by Modern Films
On July 2011 more than 500 youths at a political summer camp on an island outside Oslo were attacked by an armed, right-wing extremist. Earlier that day he bombed a Government building in Oslo before making his way to Utøya island. In this first fictional movie about the attack we follow Kaja (18) as she tries to survive – minute by minute.
“A gut-wrenching ordeal ... a brutal single-take drama from the victims’ perspective...like a YA post-apocalyptic dystopia, with Kaja a real-life Katniss Everdeen ... an absorbing and moving tribute to the courage of the young victims of Utøya.”
★★★★ The Guardian
For more information on FAN support for new releases, visit the website fannewreleases.co.uk or get in touch at email@example.com
How FAN supports new releases
Keeping the popular elements from FAN’s New Release Strategy over the last two years and making improvements based on exhibitor feedback, FAN’s support for new film releases is back and better than ever:
• The next four films to receive FAN support have been announced in one batch - released from October 2018 to March 2019 - to help with forward planning.
• All venues can pitch for additional budget for grassroots marketing or event activity.
• Regional film marketers will be working on film campaigns in every Film Hub region. You can expect increased profile and visibility in your area as well as more in-venue marketing and event opportunities.
• A BFI FAN Marketing Pack will be available for all films. Designed especially for exhibitors the pack contains event and marketing ideas, copy, images, assets, press and e-mail outreach templates to help effectively promote the film.
• FAN support is going to really focus on developing younger audiences, aged 16-30, for independent films. You can expect ideas and assets, as well as case studies on what’s worked (and what hasn’t!) to help with your own audience development plans.
• Long-term audience development support is available each year for a limited number of venues. Venues have already been selected for this round and we will be opening this support again from April 2019