The International Film Festival Network (IFFN) is a new membership-based community of film festivals founded in 2023 by the Independent Cinema Office (ICO).
The International Film Festival Network was established after discussions at the Independent Cinema Office's 2023 Future of Film Festivals Forum, funded by the British Council’s International Collaboration Grant. The ICO's ambition is to develop the network with input from members and evolve what we offer in response to member’s needs.
The Independent Cinema Office aims to foster new partnerships between film festivals by promoting best practice and strategic innovation in programming, reaching audiences, and developing strong organisational structures that encourage the discovery and celebration of the art of film. The mission of the network is to secure a vibrant future for film festivals across the world.
The ICO is a leading provider of professional development opportunities, training over 5,000 people from over 1,200 organisations and over 80 countries in the last 20 years. This includes over 300 festival professionals via our one-of-a-kind, international Developing Your Film Festival programme.
The International Film Festival network will offer exclusive membership benefits
- An invitation to attend an International Film Festival summit hosted in person
- Invitations to member meetings at major festivals
- Invitations to regular online discussion sessions
- Access to best practice case studies and resources
- Access to online networking with the group – an open forum to share information on key topics including film rights, restorations and job opportunities
- Facilitation of peer-to-peer knowledge sharing – matching you with one of your peers facing similar challenges or with particular expertise helpful to you
- Early-bird access and discounts for ICO training opportunities