The BFI's blockbuster season for 2019 will celebrate Musicals - the Greatest Show on Screen.
From October 2019 to January 2020 we'll be bringing the finest films celebrating the spectacle of Musicals talent from Hollywood to the present day, at BFI Southbank and cinemas across the UK, online on BFI Player and with a wide range of UK partners.
BFI Musicals! season runs from October 2019 to January 2020.
FundingMajor Programmes support is open to all FAN members who want to take part in the season, via tiered funding programmes.
- Expressions of Interest (EOI) for National and Tourable project proposals between £12,000 - £30,000. Status: CLOSED
- Expressions of Interest (EOI) for venue-based and regional project proposals between £2,500 - £12,000. Status: CLOSED
- Screening Support (up to £2,500) for activity taking place between 1 October - 31 January. Status: CLOSED (fund will open on 9 September 2019)
Films you can book
The season is supported by The Independent Cinema Office (ICO) who offer a booking menu of related titles at negotiated rates, available to book for film screenings taking place through to the end of January 2020.
The ICO touring package is booking now.
Special Events and Commissions
We are supporting some National tours and special events as part of the season:
- Birds Eye View will present Reframing Barbra, a series of screenings and event celebrating Barbra Streisand.
- Compass Presents will produce a site specific dance moment and outdoor screening of Singin in the Rain in Bristol, as well as working with Bristol and Liverpool Spiegeltents to present enhanced cabaret-style evening screenings of the film.
- Live Cinema will present Musicaleoke, a musical themed karaoke event, as well as enhanced screenings of Hedwig and the Angry Inch and Cabaret.
- We Are Parable will present The Art of the Black Visual album, a series of events, listening parties, performances and screenings celebrating this evolving musical form.
Find out more about the season
If you'd like to know more about BFI Blockbuster seasons get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org